Re: flipping burgers (was Re: landing the first job)

Subject: Re: flipping burgers (was Re: landing the first job)
From: Steven Brown <stevenabrown -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 14:03:03 -0800 (PST)

I worked as a manager trainee for a short time at
McDonalds, and I can attest to the strength of their
training and documentation. What most struck me was
their expansive line of videos that showed new
employees how to do very specific tasks, from making
french fries to setting up the milk shake machine.
IIRC, you'd watch the video, read the parallel chapter
in a manual, and then practice the task with
supervision.

If more of us TWs had the resources and training, we'd
be able to expand the realm of "documentation" to
media beyond the printed page and online help topic.

The more I think about situations like this, the more
I think a Masters or PhD in education is the best
educational path for TWs.

Steven Brown

--- Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net> wrote:

> Speaking of flipping burgers, has anyone else ever
> noticed the product
> assembly instructions in fast food places.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com