Re: The Future?

Subject: Re: The Future?
From: Kate Salm <kate_salm -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 05:25:44 -0800 (PST)

Article shows poor research on OS other than
> Windows. I don't trust it.

I agree. I don't really see this as being an article
so much as an advertisement for this Korean Post-PC
Era Initiative, trying to get us to believe that we
are behind the times and missing out on the next "big
thing".

I've seen one of these mini computers and they are
wonderful for people who travel all the time and need
something that tiny and multi-functional. They double
as phones, calenders, organizers, address books,
computers, and are internet accessible (if you live
somewhere that has wireless, which I don't). But in
all honesty, after seeing one and trying to use it- I
cannot believe that the average person is going to
need one. Typing on them is impossible, you need a
stylus (which I personally despise using). What will
drive this is marketing (as with everything else) and
peoples belief that they will need one to exist... and
they probably won't use half the functions available.
Then again in such a market driven world of trying to
have the best, there are probably a lot of people who
will forgo food to have one.

Best, Kate

"I want a phone that knows it's a phone." Jon Hefron,
Last Comic Standing

http://mail.yahoo.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com