Re: W2 to 1099 conversion

Subject: Re: W2 to 1099 conversion
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:32:02 -0600

Barry has won my heart. Are you married? Darn, I am.... I just met with my CPA with my business partner and got INVALUABLE advice after owned a sole-proprietroship for almost 20 years and converting to an S-Corp 3 years ago. It was $100 well worth spent for 20 minutes....

Michele

--
Michele
612-824-3516

Barry Campbell wrote:

Can't reinforce Michele's point strongly enough. A good CPA who works
with small businesses/independent contractors is worth his or her
weight in gold, and even if you pay a few hundred dollars for his or
her time you will in all likelihood come out way ahead. Especially
during your first year, you'll want someone to call for advice when
you're planning for and paying quarterly estimated taxes, etc. Plus,
a good local CPA is going to know about a lot of issues that we on the
list simply don't... it was my CPA, for instance, who introduced me to
New York City's utterly delightful Unincorporated Business Tax and
then to the wonders of incorporation. (sigh)

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com