Posting ads on this list

Subject: Posting ads on this list
From: James Barrow <vrfour -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 07:10:32 -0800

I saw the recent post in which Lisa suspended a list member for posting an ad. When I looked at what was posted, I was a bit unsure of what can and cannot be posted here.

It seemed that the offensive material was an announcement that one company (tech writer related) had purchased another. This concerned me as I may have wanted to post the same thing had I seen this information.

I guess I'm just trying to define the guidelines a bit more. If, for example, a website has decided to give away all of their white papers, or anything that they may have charged for in the past, and I post a link to their website here, is that a violation?

Inquiring minds want to know:^)

- Jim

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com