Re: A question about earnings

Subject: Re: A question about earnings
From: Paul Pehrson <paulpehrson -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:59:32 -0700

A.H. <isaac840 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> ... I'd get hired quicker than
> someone with 20 years of experience becuase I'd work
> harder and for less. How much less are we talking
> about?
> In what range is a typical entry-level salary?

I would guess that I might be with a lot of people when I say that I
wouldn't be willing to disclose my salary in a public forum. It isn't
something I would talk to my coworkers about, so its not something
that I'm going to write about on the Internet. Besides, I don't
necessarily want potential employers to find the info and base my next
job offer on my current info.

I think you'll also find that there is a big difference in salaries
paid to entry-level technical writers based on the region they live
in.

In short, if you want to email me off-list I'd be more willing to talk
about my starting salary. It simply isn't a conversation I want to
have in front of thousands of people.

Happy Holidays,

Paul Pehrson
Midvale, UT