Re: Question on Mac Draw

Subject: Re: Question on Mac Draw
From: Ed Wurster <glassnet -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:42:34 -0500

> I assume what this person wants to do is open those files with a
> graphics program that's currently in use.
>
> And now that I think of it, WOULD Graphics Converter let you open them
> and work with them in their original form. MacDraw graphics weren't
> bitmaps. They were the type of graphic that stores the image as lines
> and curves and such -- I can't remember the term. Since GC is a bitmap
> program, would it change them to bitmaps?

I've been saving my MacSE and MacDraw for just this moment!

MacDraw used Quickdraw for the screen, and PS for the printer. You
could paste bitmaps, but not edit them.

Would be fun to open one of the files and see what is possible. Here
is MacDraw Pro. It will save PICT and PICT2 files. I can copy and
paste shapes, rotated text, etc. to Photoshop on Mac. Not bad, but
there are serious jaggies. Save to PDF on Mac. Send files to PC.
Rasterize the PDF into Photoshop at 300 dpi, and anit-alias. Sweet.

--
Ed Wurster
http://www.ewurster.com/blog/

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com