Re: Difficulties with Recruiter

Subject: Re: Difficulties with Recruiter
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:54:22 -0600

I think my explanation is getting convuluated. I setup an appointment with the recruiter for Monday 20 December. Monday was going to be a good day for me because I am already leaving the house for another interview. This is my deal: I work out of my home office, and when I do interviews (recruiters, direct employers, whatever) I try to do them all on one day so I can either work or market from home the other days.

I said I was busy Thursday and Friday to the AR, but this was AFTER I had made an appt. with the recruiter for Monday. Initially I DID want to see if I'd be a fit for this position, but after the AR was nasty I decided I didn't want this contract, and I wasn't going to go shop around for a different recruiter, or try to get in there myself. I had already heard enough, esp. since the AR was telling me that the client wanted someone to start immediately and when I told her I couldn't b/c I was still on contract, she made the car the issue.

It appears to me in retrospect that the recruiter did not convey any of the information I gave him to the AR. 1) That I was on contract already and couldn't start fulltime for three weeks, 2) That I needed flexibility, 3) That we had an interview for Monday as I was busy Thursday and Friday.

Hope that clarifies.

Michele

--
Michele
612-824-3516

Gene Kim-Eng wrote:

But if you always
felt you were too busy to take the contract, then that's what you should
have told the recruiter to begin with and just avoided the entire experience
altogether.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com