RE: Gift for Boss?

Subject: RE: Gift for Boss?
From: Joyce Fetterman <JoyceF -at- gtsoftware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:10:50 -0500

Bryan wrote:
<< Just curious. What are your thoughts on giving your boss a gift this time
of year. Do you give gifts or do you think its too "suck-upy". Managers, how
do you feel recieving gifts. Do you think its a bribe, or just a pleasant
thought? Also, what kind of gifts have you given in the past (blatant
fishing for gift ideas).>>

Our work group (about 12 people) gives a gift to the boss. We each chip in
$10. He in turn gives each of us a small gift, usually food. Everybody's
happy.

We usually give him gift certificates. One year we gave him a Home Depot
gift card because they were working on a new house. Other years it's been
gift cards to restaurant groups. If you pay attention to ads, you can
sometimes find offers that add value to the gift amount. For example, this
year we bought a gift card from a popular restaurant chain that's adding 20%
to the value of any gift card. Our $120 bought a gift card for $144.

Joyce

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com