Re: Dilbert - English Degree

Subject: Re: Dilbert - English Degree
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:25:07 -0500

Gene Kim-Eng wrote:

I haven't ever read anything in Dilbert that raised any "ire" in me.
During the years since Adams began doing the strip I have been
an engineer, a tech writer and a manager, and no matter what my
job was I have always been able to recognize someone (including,
from time to time, myself) who resembled every one of his remarks.

Gene Kim-Eng

Agreed. I think that what a lot of people misunderstand is that Adams's target is the system that incents people to behave stupidly, not the people who populate that system. Even in the most dysfunctional organizations I've ever worked at, people at all levels were able to recognize the humor in Dilbert and laugh at their own situations.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com