Re: a summary of this helpful website

Subject: Re: a summary of this helpful website
From: Ed Wurster <glassnet -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 12:44:52 -0500

> I'm new to this site and am new to the world of tech writing. Being a
> Technical Communications student at the Milwaukee School of Engineering in
> Wisconsin, I was wondering what you subscribers feel are the biggest
> benefits of this site.

Hi Paul.

The biggest benefit of this site (and the techwr-l list) is the
collective knowledge of the users. If you post a question with the
right words, you'll receive a wide range of opinion, facts and
half-truths. I write that with a smile, of course.

The penalty for having free-access is that you must cull good answers
from bad. This is not so much a penalty, as it is practice for what
you'll experience on-the-job.

If you participate in discussions, don't reply to anything negative.
Subscribe to the list with an email client that has good blocking
rules. And by all means, post a question for comment.

--
Ed Wurster
http://www.ewurster.com/blog/

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com