RE: layout duties

Subject: RE: layout duties
From: "Eric Bolton" <ERICB -at- marvin -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 12:08:52 -0600

Thanks to all who replied to my very first post on techwr-l. I was
encouraged by the amount of detailed responses and constructive
criticism both on and off list. I hope in the somewhat near future to
post with a subject line of "Layout Duties Taken Over! (And saved money
doing it)."

Although this was my first post I have been a subscriber for a year, a
fly on the wall, yet always considered this forum a valuable tool for my
growth as a technical communicator. Your professional responses only
strengthen that belief.

For those of you concerned with the employment status of our current
composition people, do not fret. The likelihood of at least one of the
three converting duties more in line with technical writer seems likely.
For the other two, there is always marketing material and other jobwork
as well as setting up templates, etc. Then there's always attrition...

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com