RE: Re: Seeking counsel - yet another difficult work situation (very long!)

Subject: RE: Re: Seeking counsel - yet another difficult work situation (very long!)
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 17:18:54 -0800 (PST)

Surefire ways to combat shyness:

* Get an evening job telemarketing something nobody
wants. Ain't nothing going to cure shyness like cold
calling people at dinner time and trying to sell them
an appliance service contract. Done it, was a great
experience, will never do it again.

* Join Toastmasters. I once got in front of about
fifty people at a TM meeting and was so nervous that I
forgot what I was doing there for about a minute -
seemed like an hour. But after that experience,
public speaking was definitely easier for me. Very
supportive group of people.

* AND THE ALL TIME WINNING METHOD: Arrive at an
STC meeting real early. Boy will you experience
awkwardness! Do this for about half a dozen meetings.
After such experience, you will be a pro at "working
a crowd".

Tony "Glad Hand" Markos

--- "Downing, David" <DavidDowning -at- Users -dot- com> wrote:

Again responding a bit belatedly, I guess that's why
my shyness tends to be selective -- more of a problem
in some situations than others.