RE: ADDIE

Subject: RE: ADDIE
From: "Jim Shaeffer" <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:10:10 -0500

The answer depends upon which ID books you're flipping through.

The ISD model I worked with (back in the '70s) occupied seven thick
volumes (printed by the U.S. government) and the woman I worked for had
a PhD in this specific ISD process.

The Government Experts in the loop seemed, from my limited perspective,
to specialize in knowing where to cut corners in the elaborate process
to get something done that could still be called ISD.

And if the ads are for government-related positions, I would expect that
they are looking for people who have the "secret decoder ring" and can
talk in ADDIE code phrases as if they were speaking English.

Caution: The above is mostly speculation on my part.

Jim Shaeffer

> Is this an HR goof? Something to do with the fact that the ads are for
> government or military-influenced positions? Or, is ADDIE more
involved
> than I have gathered from googling and flipping through my ID books?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Kate

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com