Fw: Rational Requisite and ClearCase for Application Docs?

Subject: Fw: Rational Requisite and ClearCase for Application Docs?
From: Amanda_Abelove -at- toyota -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:38:37 -0800

Yeah, but we're too busy hammering to pick up a saw. Besides, it already
works fine. We just want a report on what already works.

Amanda

> The real problem is that they are trying to use a hammer to saw wood.
> Regardless of what the marketing says about the Rational Suite, it is
> not a documentation tool set. It documents development. It does not
> help you write that documentation. Even SoDA is not a real
> documentation tool other than to auto document code.
>
> The real purpose of the tools are not exactly what they are trying to
> do. Use the Rational suite to document changes, and bugs to the
> software, and use those to drive (note that I did not say generate)
> the documentation.
>
> Scott

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com