RE: Re: A wonderful new world

Subject: RE: Re: A wonderful new world
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: 14 Jan 2005 19:30:30 GMT

The only way that is likely to happen is if you make the
fatal error of presenting the proposals as "My vision of
documentation for XXX Company," and then pinning your own
personal hopes, dreams and reputation on absolutely having
to bring them to fruition (something which, BTW, I have
seen many in our profession do with disastrous results).

>From my point of view, Presenting multiple options for
management to choose from to arrive at a corporate
documentation goal and strategy that they will buy into
and support is not a "compromise between objectives,"
it is THE objective. If I have a plan that is a) doable
with the resources we have or can get, b) has resource
and management muscle behind it and c) satisfies business
and corporate goals agreed to by management, then I don't
care whether the documents that result from it are Xerox'd
insert sheets or The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Gene Kim-Eng