Re: New Poll Question - XML

Subject: Re: New Poll Question - XML
From: TechComm Dood <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 23:03:48 -0500

LOL! Once again...

> What are you doing with XML:
> * Other/None of the above

I did research and implement a solution, which my company has in turn
implemented, and I'm still researching how to bring a lot more of what
we do into XML for proper and better management of information (not
just content anymore, kiddies!).

We currently use Ndoc to create HTML Help 1.x and 2.x for SDK
documentation, and manage content currently in the source code using
documentation comments in C# (///). We also manage namespace summaries
in an external XML file and include that in the build. We are
currently investigating how to manage sample code in a single
repository and use it in documentation examples, full-blown code
samples, and functioning sample applications, the trick being manage
the code once in the location and use it everywhere (requiring a xml
feed to Ndoc, among other middleware documentation and development
tools). We're also looking into CMS, with a heavy pull toward a XML
solution for that, which will continue to feed into every aspect of
product development.

Is that XML-ish enough, yet large enough to fit into "none of the above"?

;-)

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com