Re: Using 3D graphics in online documentation

Subject: Re: Using 3D graphics in online documentation
From: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:22:15 -0500

Another possible avenue to explore is the 3D Industry Forum
(www.3dif.org), which was formed last year by Intel, Adobe,
and Boeing, who were joined by more than 30 other companies.
The goal was to create a standard for sharing interactive 3D
content, and to encourage development of tools to use these
technologies. They have already developed a format called
Universal 3D (or U3D for short) for exporting interactive 3D
images from CAD applications to common desktop tools. At
the time U3D was announced, Adobe announced that Acrobat
7.0 would support U3D.

My opinion only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ

Using 3D graphics in online documentation

I have been given this topic to write a 1,000 word paper about, but I'm
having some trouble coming up with any useful information that I can
write about on this subject. Does anybody out there have experience
doing this, or know where I can find some articles to research?

Thanks

Jessica

jessicarheaume -at- mac -dot- com

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l