technical writer jobs in Canada

Subject: technical writer jobs in Canada
From: T K <tvk_tw -at- yahoo -dot- ie>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:15:24 +0000 (GMT)

I am considering going to Canada for a year in a few
months time and I am just wondering if there is much
work available in Canada for technical writers. I am
relatively new to the profession, having just
completed a technical writing course in 2004, but I
have worked in the IT industry for a number of years
prior to this. Location is not very important to me,
but I suspect that the larger urban centres such as
Toronto (and hopefully Vancouver - would really like
to spend some time there) would be better for
obtaining work. Ideally I would like to spend the
first six months (April/May to September/October) in a
city such as Toronto or perhaps Montreal, and the last
6 months in Vancouver. The visa I will be getting has
no restrictions on the duration of jobs, the location,
or indeed the number of jobs held at any one time.

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Tom.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com