Poll questions: contractors and employees

Subject: Poll questions: contractors and employees
From: LoJo Quileza <lojo -dot- techcomm -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:00:09 -0600

Hello,

Our names are Joni Hofer and Loriebeth Quileza and we are graduating
technical communication students at Red River College in Winnipeg
Manitoba Canada. We are conducting market research on technical
communicators who are full-time employees or contractors and
consultants to produce a business plan.

We would appreciate that you respond no later than March 6, 2005. You
can send your responses to lojo -dot- techcomm -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-

We would like to have everyone's input and we appreciate all the
information we receive.

We would like to know about the following:

QUESTIONS FOR BOTH FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS
- What are the main products/services that you produce?

- What kind of education or technical communication training do you have?

QUESTIONS FOR FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES
- What are typical entry-level wages?

- What are typical wages for an employee with five years experience?

- How many technical communicators are working in your department or company?

QUESTIONS FOR CONTRACTORS OR CONSULTANTS
- What types of promotional materials do you use to market yourself?

- How do you differentiate yourself from your competitors?

- Where do you base yourself from?

- How do you acquire contracting jobs? For example, cold calls, networking etc?

- What are you customer service policies?

- How do you measure the quality of your products or services?

- What types of companies to do you market to?

- What are typical fees charged by contractors starting in this field?

- What are the typical fees charged by contractors with five years or
more experience?

Thank you for your participation.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com