Re: Job Choice Dilemma (long)

Subject: Re: Job Choice Dilemma (long)
From: "Phillip St. James" <saint0 -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 08:01:59 -0800

First of all, congratulations, Joe. This good news is another anecdotal indication that the market may be coming around finally...

You don't say if you're married, have dependents, are in good health, have a mortgage, are solvent and not behind on bills, usually work out of your home office, are incorporated, and so on. All of these things may push or pull your decision in one or the other direction.

In short, I think you quickly need to discuss this matter locally with a qualified financial planner. That person will be able to sort out your personal/private info and give you suggestions and motivations for going in either direction.

On the professional/occupational side, which job would you prefer? That is, which job challenges you or which gig could you do better, faster, and with less stress? Those are three different questions.

You needn't answer any of my rhetorical questions on or off list, Joe. They are just food for thought.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth.

Good luck and wise deliberations,

-phillip
Palo Alto