Trouble with FrameMaker 7.1 trial version...

Subject: Trouble with FrameMaker 7.1 trial version...
From: "Phillip St. James" <saint0 -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 16:45:11 -0800

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do in the short run to get our copy of FM 7.0 up and running again ASAP?

Here's what happened... Am staying at a friend's house. She is also a tech writer. Her current job allowed her to install FM 7 on her home machine for the times when she works offsite. It worked fine - no problems.

I installed the FM 7.1 trial version to check it out a few weeks ago. It expired a few days ago. So, I uninstalled it. But the FM 7.1 trial version also uninstalled the registered 7.0 version.

Is this normal? I have never had any other piece of software do this. I've tried to contact Adobe to no avail so far. I have a close friend who works on an upper management level at Adobe who might be able to get that team to help me find a solution. But he hasn't responded yet.

The problem is this. My own registered copy of FM is on my PC which is down and out right now. I just was hired yesterday for a contract that requires that I use FM 7. I have asked the new company to allow me to install FM 7 or 7.1 but no one is around right now.

I'll be patient, of course, as this mess sorts itself out. But I was wondering if anyone might have some ideas that might be helpful...

I hope that Adobe is aware that their uninstaller is faulty and that they might want to restore the legal FM installations that their uninstaller is wiping out. I wonder if they will take responsibility or simply tell me to re-install - which I won't be able to do for a few days at best while my productivity is stopped cold.

Thanks in advance,

-phillip
Palo Alto

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l