RE: Jump or wait to be pushed (was Control Issues)

Subject: RE: Jump or wait to be pushed (was Control Issues)
From: "Gillies, Sascha" <Sascha -dot- Gillies -at- au -dot- unisys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 12:23:04 +1100

I was in the "jump or be pushed" position two years ago. I had been at the company for three years and had seen several waves of retrenchments.
My opinion is JUMP!
Start looking for work now- the security of my new job was well worth forgoing the severance payments. After all, severance payments are likely to only cover your job-seeking period after retrenchment.
IMHO it is easier to find a job when you have a job.