RE: Image Management Software

Subject: RE: Image Management Software
From: "Tori Friedlander" <ToriF -at- camtek -dot- co -dot- il>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:12:46 +0200

I've had good results using Copernic's Desktop Search.
Its fast and handles both local and network directories.
When the results are returned, you have options to view the image or go
directly to the directory in which the image is located.
Works on other types of files as well.

... And no, I don't work for Copernic.
Just happy to have found it.

Tori

Can anyone recommend a good, preferably free, program for image
management?

Usually it's not a problem for me, because at most places I've worked
images are clearly labelled and sensibly organized. Here at my current
gig, there are many GB of screen captures most of which are cryptically
labelled (fig01.bmp etc.) and hidden in a maze of directories with an
eclectic set of naming conventions (by date, by chapter, by the name of
the person who made them etc.)

I've just downloaded Picasa (it's indexing right now as I type) but I'm
wondering if there's anything better out there.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Your Ad Here! Have a product or service you'd like to get some attention for? Use this space to get the word out! Contact lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com