Looking for an abstract tool

Subject: Looking for an abstract tool
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:06:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi, guys...I'm trying to extract strings of text from code.

In this case, I'm trying to pulll out any line of code that has .asp
in it. From there, I can trim it down to only the .asp names in that
code.

What I'm looing for, in effect is when I search for the string, it
should eliminate all the text except for the lines that contain that
string and comprtess them down to a list of ONLY those lines.

There use to be a file management program called Magellan that did
exactly what I wanted. Am I making sense?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

?Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone
amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built
the Titanic.? - Dave Barry

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Your Ad Here! Have a product or service you'd like to get some attention for? Use this space to get the word out! Contact lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com