Re: Recruiter Questions

Subject: Re: Recruiter Questions
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:56:11 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin Bosworth" <martinhbosworth -at- gmail -dot- com>

1) When a recruiter picks you up for a job, then suddenly tells you
the client didn't feel you had enough experience, is that oftentimes
the actual case?

Usually it is. Unless a recruiter actually specializes in your field,
he or she will almost always send the client resumes that come up
short. I would say that something like 75% of resumes I get from
outside recruiters do not meet my specified requirements even after
I've briefed the recruiters extensively. The recruiter's approach to
a square peg in a round hole is to use a hammer.

2) Why is it that two staffing agencies submitting one person's resume
at the same time automatically eliminates that person from the
running?

Usually, it's because the client is afraid of getting stuck in the
middle of a legal dispute between two agencies claiming that
they submitted a candidate first. Theoretically, the first agency
that submits a candidate is entitled to the commission, but if a
second agency submits, discovers the candidate has been hired
and files a suit, you have to deal with it. Our approach to agencies is to have a limited number of them as approved
suppliers with contracts that specify that we are the sole judge
of what supplier submitted first, and to publicly post on our
jobs web page that we reserve the right to consider unsolicited resumes from agencies as instantly becoming our property, i.e., thanks for the free gift.

Gene Kim-Eng

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Your Ad Here! Have a product or service you'd like to get some attention for? Use this space to get the word out! Contact lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com