Re: Diagrams that make you go OOOHHH...

Subject: Re: Diagrams that make you go OOOHHH...
From: Lou Quillio <quillio -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:16:45 -0500

Julia Williams wrote:

> I'm impressed by Inkscape which is open source. It's less a presentation
> tool than a vector drawing application but it's more flexible than Visio and
> seems very intuitive to me.

I'm using Inkscape 0.41 plenty these days, on Ubuntu Debian. Once you
go vector, you'll never go back. The big benefit of Inkscape over
Illustrator or Fireworks or (to a limited degree) Paintshop Pro is an
open-standards file format (SVG). Plus, the builders are very, very
bright and forthcoming. Inkscape will *own* vector illustration soon
enough.

But it's no good for JP and his deadline. Inkscape's for mastering
original graphics that go anywhere, forever. He's gotta re-factor
existing stuff.

LQ

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com