RE: OT Criticizing writers (was Technical Writing - What's the catch?)

Subject: RE: OT Criticizing writers (was Technical Writing - What's the catch?)
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:33:31 -0600

Eileen opined:
"If we're being logical, it doesn't follow that because you criticize
yourself in some way, it's OK to criticize another's job competence. If
you tell a doctor all their patients get worse, or a defense lawyer that
all their clients go to jail, and that they need to try another career
direction-that's personal in my book. Unless you're being consulted as a
career counselor."

Soooo, in order to offer ANY kind of criticism, I have to be a career
counselor? Going from what you said, and I will take the ball and run
with it. What evidence do you have that a career counselor is going to
know jack about doctors or lawyers or writers enough to offer any good
advice.

>From my own experience career counselors are nothing more than a bunch
of touchy-feely <people> who could were either too lazy or too
<something> to get a real major in college. Career counselors are like
some college professors (PLEASE NOTICE THAT I SAID 'SOME') in that they
could not hack it in the real world, so they retreated into some little
realm where life would have less of an opportunity to bite them in the
butt.

Just because I am not a professionally trained career counselor does not
mean that I do not have the right to spot a moron being a moron and call
them on it.

"Stoopid is as stoopid does."
-Forrest Gump

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone Inc.
Airfone(r) Service for Verizon Wireless
Why wait until you land to take care of business?

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com