XML growing pains

Subject: XML growing pains
From: jopakent -at- comcast -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 21:10:53 +0000

I've made some edits to an XML file and when I try to validate the file against the DTD I get the following error :

ERR (severe) : 1247 69: Element type "a" must be declared.

ERR (severe) : 1247 100: The content of element type "p" must match
"(p|i|b|ul|ol|hr|br|tt|blockquote|lin|lib|lin2|code|Note|td|li)".

It looks to me like this error is pointing to line 1247. Here is that line along with its two next door neighbors:

1246 <TACorrection>
1247 <p>Escalate this error through the normal <a href="\escalate.htm">
escalation procedures.</a> </p>
1248 </TACorrection>

I'm told that the reason for this is that my DTD (trapactions.dtd) includes only a rudimentary subset of the html tags.

Do I need to ?include? the html dtd inside my trapactions.dtd. If that's the case, how do I do that?

Maybe I'm not asking the right question; my goal is to include this link. Is there a simple, straightforward way of accomplishing this?

Thanks fer yer insights.
--
J. Paul Kent
206-383-0539