Re: MS Manual of Style Download

Subject: Re: MS Manual of Style Download
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:00:02 -0400

> Actually, the .chm version *was* a free download, as of last year at least; I
> kept it on my desktop and found it very convenient. The file appears to have
> been removed from the Microsoft Download Center, but you can still find it
> here: http://www.vanossy.de/index.php?id=18,38,0,0,1,0

It was indeed a free download when the 2nd edition book went
completely out of print and they didn't reprint (because 3rd edition
was about to be released but then was stalled for a bit). Note that it
was labeled "version 3" and that was confused for some time as "3rd
edition", but in fact it was the 3rd version of the CHM for the 2nd
edition content. Nice and clear as mud, huh? ;-)

My advice: Skip the free download because the content is almost 10
years old and buy the new book (which comes with CD). It's what, only
$20 USD?

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com