RE: Start at the very beginning...

Subject: RE: Start at the very beginning...
From: "Erika Yanovich" <ERIKA_y -at- rad -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:02:03 +0200

Arroxane,

This is awesome. You are in a very special position to do things the way you want from the beginning and that's what your employer wants too.

I think the keyword here is the "central system" they want. KM SW is definitely in the right direction, but I think the latest buzzword in the field is ECM (Enterprise Content Management). Note that there are several systems out there based on proprietary code which I don't recommend as the future is in open, XML-based ones.

As for priorities, I'd rather have a system in place first and worry about improving the content as you go along. This way you can show progress and also continuity.

Please keep us informed about the process. It is extremely interesting.

Erika

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com