RE: I have proof

Subject: RE: I have proof
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:39:53 -0400 (EDT)

I'm at an age where age discrimination is a possibility, but having worn
glasses all my life for 20/375 nearsightedness, I now use the computer
without glasses and prefer type of the 7 to 8 point variety. (I still need
glasses for seeing clearly beyond two feet, though.)Small type in narrow
columns provides for less fatigue (for me, at least) because the eye
muscles do not have to work as hard to read.

Age, therefore, is not a barometer of what size type one prefers. The
visual result one gets in middle age depends entirely on whether one had
perfect vision all one's life or not. I don't know the statistics on
nearsightedness in the population, but it might be an interesting subject
of inquiry.

> This morning, I attempted to install the software for an iPod Mini
> that I purchased. At a certain stage, ya gotta enter an 11 digit
> serial number that's on the back of the case.
>
> Have you seen the size of that number? WITH my glasses, I could see
> that there was a number, barely, but no way could I read it.

What happened when you took them off?

--
Bonnie Granat
www.GranatEdit.com