RE: Do online helps have chapter numbers?

Subject: RE: Do online helps have chapter numbers?
From: "Leanne Rollins" <leannerollins -at- rogers -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:44:57 -0400

In my last full-time gig, we created extensive client-server help, but we
used Dreamweaver. We had thousands of HTML pages. To assist the Tech Support
personnel, we gave each page a unique id#, so that the support person could
tell a caller which article # to search for. It worked very well.

Personally, I wouldn't want to number the headings in online help, BUT it's
all about what makes sense for your users. If the numbers would truly help
them find information while on a help call, then by all means, number em!

Leanne