Definition of "User-Friendly" Was Re: Engineering design practice

Subject: Definition of "User-Friendly" Was Re: Engineering design practice
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:23:50 -0700 (PDT)

I am curious; how do you define user-friendly?

(Note: I give my definition below.)

Tony Markos

--- Kathleen <keamac -at- cox -dot- net> wrote:

> I think that the proposition that good engineering
> design practice will
> lead to user-friendly documentation is highly
> debatable.

> Kathleen
>
> -----
> Tony Markos wrote:

User friendly documentation is, in the main,
documentation that minimizes the reader having to do
skips and jump-to's. There is really
only one approach to creating such documentation:
Design highly cohesive and loosely coupled modules
of information. And creation of such modules requires
good engineering design practice.

> Tony Markos

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l