RE: Interviewing your prospective next manager

Subject: RE: Interviewing your prospective next manager
From: "Neumann, Eileen" <ENeuman -at- franklintempleton -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:12:48 -0400

1. Tell me about your background and/or education in technical communications or communications. (A manager with actual technical communications experience would be a new experience for me.)

2. Describe an ideal workflow for a tech writing project.

3. What qualities do you like to see in the members of a tech writing group. What is a good tech writer?

4. What do you see as the manager's role when leading a technical writing team?

Kind of obvious questions, but this is what I would want to know, as a writer.

Cheers,
Eileen Neumann
Business Rules and Procedures