Re: just can't help myself

Subject: Re: just can't help myself
From: Lou Quillio <public -at- quillio -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:44:36 -0400

Sherry Michaels wrote:

Is anyone else ready to get off this topic?

Already have ;)

We don't control the term 'technical writer' or any other part of the language. A certain kind of techcomm had hopes of making it into a known, professional badge. The job market isn't adopting that semantic ambition, and in fact waters it down with pee. Tant pis. Guess we'll just have to keep doing the work, without the feather.

Sometimes I think this gripe won't be quelled until receptionists everywhere start announcing "The Technical Writer's here," like "The NASA people are here." Ain't gonna happen.

LQ

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com