Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: "techwr-l owner" <techwr-l-owner -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: <archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 02:30:00 -0600

You received this message because you're a subscriber to
list members to help underwrite the costs of the list (just
as ads in a newspaper, magazine, or journal underwrite the
costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following ...
* SOFTWARE: Database Documentation Tools (NEW)
* ANNOUNCE: TECHWR-L Dinner Plans at STC 2005!
* ANNOUNCE: ArchiText Inc. ? The End-to-End Localization Solution
Based on ABREVE®
* SITE UPDATE: Volumizing: Good for Hair, Bad for Content
* ANNOUNCE: New! WebWorks OnTime: On-Demand,
Custom ePublishing Service

and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.

SOFTWARE: Database Documentation Tools

Use SchemaToDoc to export MS-SQL and Oracle metadata to an easy-to-read
Word document. The program documents:

* Primary Keys
* Field Information (type, size, defaults, nullable)
* Check Constraints
* Descriptions
* Foreign Keys
* Triggers

Use QueryToDoc to export MS-SQL and Oracle query results to tables in a
Word document.

Free downloads at http://www.schematodoc.com or contact

support -at- schematodoc -dot- com

04/26/05-05/02/05

ANNOUNCE: TECHWR-L Dinner Plans at STC 2005!

Attention Whirlers!

You've met in the virtual realm of TECHWR-L. How would you like to meet in
person? Join me and fellow Whirlers for dinner at the STC Conference in
Seattle, Washington at 6:00 p.m. on Monday, May 9, 2005.

"I'm a Whirler" T-Shirts

Each day, Sunday-Wednesday, the first five (5) people who find me at the
conference will receive a free commemorative STC 2005 "I'm a Whirler
T-Shirt"! T-shirts are also available for purchase, with a 20% discount if
you sign up for the TECHWR-L dinner in Seattle. Can't make it to the
conference? Have your t-shirt shipped for only $4.

You'll find all the details at:
http://www.techwr-l.com/ct.php?link=http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/STC2005/index.html

I hope to see you there!

Lisa B.
lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com

04/22/05-04/28/05
ArchiText Inc. ? The End-to-End Localization Solution Based on ABREVE®

Which of these things is most important to you?
* In country, subject matter expert translators providing world-class
quality translations
* Good communication between you and your dedicated project manager
* Proper planning to ensure that your project?s deliverables are exactly
to your specifications
* Getting the required work done while staying within your budget

At ArchiText, we believe that each of these issues is equally important,
and one should not come at the cost of another. Our End-to-End
Localization Solution based on ABREVE® allows for top quality localization
at a cost that is 20-40% less than what you are currently spending. While
reducing costs, our patent-pending ABREVE® methodology improves your
content?s usability, decreases the content?s volume, and increases the
leveragability of your translation memories (yes, you read that right).

Sound like a miracle? Contact us today and we will prove it to you! Come
discover why our client retention ratio is better than 90%.

About ArchiText Inc.

Founded in 1994 by Hans Fenstermacher, ArchiText Inc. is a privately held
company headquartered in Andover, Massachusetts, that offers translation
and localization as well as content globalization and authoring services
to Fortune 2000 companies.

ArchiText pioneered the End-to-End Localization Solution based on ABREVE®,
a solution that streamlines content, increases the leveragability of
translation memories, and reduces word count in the source language to
save clients 20-40% or more on localization. ABREVE® maintains the
integrity of information and ensures clear, concise, consistent, and
correct communication for all global audiences, while increasing
productivity and usability.

For more information please visit our website:
http://www.techwr-l.com/ct.php?link=http://www.architext-usa.com
Or send us an email: info -at- architext-usa -dot- com

04/19/05-04/25/05

SITE UPDATE: Volumizing: Good for Hair, Bad for Content

Contributed by ArchiText

Do you suffer from terminal logorrhea? Or worse yet, does your boss? Don't
despair. You can stop manuals from ballooning overnight and put an end to
capturing every dialog box in the application. Hans Fenstermacher lends
you a hand in Volumizing: Good for Hair, Bad for Content (PDF, 116 kb)

http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/pdfs/volumizing.pdf

04/13/05-04/19/05

ANNOUNCE: New! WebWorks OnTime: On-Demand, Custom ePublishing
Service

For the first time, WebWorks Services is offering Quadralay
Corporation's content conversion expertise to work directly on
your project, to produce your online content directly from your
Word documents, FrameMaker books, or XML content. No training, no
tools, no learning curve, and you can have your documents converted
to virtually any format, customized to your specifications.*

With over 11 years of content conversion experience, we are able to
put on-demand ePublishing within reach of any organization, small
or large. Our Basic Plan for Word or FrameMaker starts at just $99
for up to 1000 pages!

Add localization to your OnTime order to make the most of your
on-demand ePublishing investment. WebWorks OnTime offers expert
translation of your content into one or multiple languages.**

For more information, visit www.webworks.com/ontime or contact an
OnTime Service Representative at 512.719.3399 ext.503
*Certain terms and conditions apply. See Web site for details.
**Translations provided by Adams Globalization.

11/02/04-12/30/05

About posting ads:
Announcements on the TECHWR-L Premium Announcement posting
cost $50 to contact over 5100 TECHWR-L subscribers
directly each day for a week.

In an effort to provide a free service that allows you to post
announcements, jobs, and events, however, we have established other
services:

The TECHWR-L Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/calendar/

The TECHWR-L Employment Central provides a free resource
for you to post, browse, and search job listings and personal
profiles:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/employment/

The TECHWR-L Daily Summary Mailing, a separate mailing list
that summarizes new content posted to Employment Central and
the Calendar, can further help get your
message out to interested people:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/daily-announce-info.html

These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.

For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 5100+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact Lisa
(lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/postad.html.