RE: Just can't help myself

Subject: RE: Just can't help myself
From: Amanda_Abelove -at- toyota -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:59:07 -0700

Rates are determined by how in demand you, yourself and thou are. If you
are good at producing and delivering and posses fair to middling people
skills to network and take care of your friends, you have a better shot at
naming your rate and picking and choosing your projects.

And rates will always be lower for writers because the product needs to
exist before there's a need for a manual on it.

Amanda

John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote on 04/26/2005 01:37:06 PM:

> > Oh please. The billable hour rates for tech writing don't support
> > that. One of the best things about tech writing is that there
>
> Maybe they would. Are rates low because most people in this field
> write crap or do most people in this field write crap because the
> rates are low?
>
> > It isn't like there is an abundance of good candidates out there.
> > If there were, I wouldn't be working 70 hours a week right now.
>
> There's a huge abundance of people claiming they are writers...there
> just isn't an abundance of writers who can walk the walk.
>
> John Posada
> Senior Technical Writer
>
> âNever be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone
> amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built
> the Titanic.â - Dave Barry

X -at- V9’ƒ@,4 -at- 1!0

 E‘1 ÑÇ•êëÚºg§¶XŸyÌ•ìî'–)Þ+ºË¢{ÛŠ«ž}ç§$™©Úé×¥¦âbzÅ–)¢µçø­ë ¢µ¨­ÖtZÚãêخ½ê)ÞéÛÿüŠä&þׇ
åš­ç·§¶\¬¹»®&ÞÚyÈ®V¬j·!Š÷!Â\¢dè.nlj·¬zwZnV§‘é[h•æׇ
å¼ïŠËµç¹\¢džÖš)âÚ+Þç*'²ÚŠÆyÈ®W(™X¬ŠØ¶ŸÿÃ-yÈ®W(›ûŠ¹~Šæ«zÊ­Çjwbú