Re: Just can't help myself

Subject: Re: Just can't help myself
From: Martin Bosworth <martinhbosworth -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:18:42 -0400

On 4/27/05, Wright, Lynne <lwright -at- positron911 -dot- com> wrote:

> wow... you had functional and product specs? Sometimes i have to write manuals working just on heresay from product managers and developers, and blind faith. its terribly exciting, by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda stuff. yeah.
>
> Right on. My last doc project's draft was done before the product was
> even built for the first time. :-)

I'm there for you. :)

I have to do user documentation for a set of Web apps that are still
in the testing stages. Half the sections don't even work, or I don't
have access to them because they're still being developed. (And yes, I
have asked to talk to the SME's.)

I fully expect to be revising this stuff long after it's put into
play, but in the end, all you can do is create the best possible
functional docs with what you have, and keep improving it as much as
you can.

Martin

--
Martin H. Bosworth
Technical Writer, Telemedicine Directorate

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com