RE: The sky is starting to fall again

Subject: RE: The sky is starting to fall again
From: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:40:44 -0400

How are you defining "huge"? With the general inflation of
file sizes, I'm guessing that your threshold for what constitutes
a huge file may be out of date. Or else that you're doing
something really strange when you generate your PDF. Even
assuming the use of multiple fonts (which we all know is a
design no-no in a resume), I can't imagine a 2-page text-only
document (I assume your resume doesn't include photos or
other graphics, right?) ever being more than 200K in PDF
form, and these days I wouldn't even classify that as large,
let alone as huge. And does file size really matter as long
as it's less than a megabyte or so? I mean, I could carry
around several thousand resumes in PDF form on the 256MB
flash drive that often lives in my pocket.

-Fred Ridder

From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:09:08 -0400

Even a two-page PDF of a resume is huge; might MS be improving on
that?

Bonnie Granat | www.GranatEdit.com
bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com
Cambridge, Massachusetts, US