Re: Just can't help myself

Subject: Re: Just can't help myself
From: Martin Bosworth <martinhbosworth -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:14:32 -0400

> No, I probably just wouldn't hire you if I was looking for data flow experience.

And rightly so. There are undoubtedly people on this list who could
carve tree rings around me in terms of data flow processes.

> "Area of writing"?

Give me time. I'm still young. ;)

> Certification isn't a guarantee.of landing a job. If it was, we'd have
> a lot less unemployed IT folks out there.

Damn straight! That's been my point from the beginning! Why should we
follow the industry trend of certification when it may or may not even
guarantee you a job, let alone better pay, better work, or more
inclusion?

> Sure. And for the record, getting out of bed EVERY morning is difficult. ;-)

I usually find I have that problem most on weekends. :) I'm respectful
that you could find passion in whatever job you took up. That's
something I have to work at.

> > That's what writing is to me. I can do a lot of other things--and some
> > quite well--but writing is what I love.
>
> Well, it looks like you've found your calling. Just make sure you
> don't paint yourself into a corner though.

If I get my hands cut off, I'll learn to write with hooks. :) Your
point is very well taken, though, and I won't forget it.

Martin

--
Martin H. Bosworth
Technical Writer, Telemedicine Directorate

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com