resume fondling -- am I being too picky?

Subject: resume fondling -- am I being too picky?
From: "Tom Johnson" <tjohnson -at- freeway -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:52:49 -0400

To me, these don't indicate shoddy work. I think it would be overkill
to include these on a resume.

> 4) Failure to indicate which tools were used at which jobs.

> 5) Failure to indicate size of documentation projects at various
jobs;
> was it a long doc or short one? (I can infer some of this from the
> tools used, PPT for example would cause me to believe the doc was
> short, but I cannot infer that a user guide is either short or long.)

This is nitpicky! I seldom ever need to worry about properties. I can
see where it might matter to some people, but for the most part, who
cares. Maybe someone is using a friend's computer and doesn't even
know about document properties. It says nothing about their competence.

> 10) Document properties that list an author other than the candidate.

Tom Johnson
Elk Rapids Engineering x.5033
tjohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com

If I had a legal disclaimer here--asking you to delete any messages I
didn't mean to send to you--most people would ignore it. So, I won't
say that.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com