Re: watch your language! (or don't)

Subject: Re: watch your language! (or don't)
From: "Poster" <Poster -at- aurora -dot- cotse -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 05:04:42 -0400 (EDT)

diotima said:
> all,
>

> do writers and editors on this list ever feel pressure to speak
> "correctly" at all times when at work? in other words, do you feel any
> kind of pressure to always speak in grammatically correct sentences
> simply because of the fact that you are the writer or editor in the
> company? do you ever have a nagging awareness that your english is
> being judged even while you're just having an everyday conversation
> with coworkers? (to say nothing about your company email messages!)

Yes. I get judged on it all the time and as a result you feel like you
can never let your hair down. *shrugs* Some folks don't seem to
understand the difference between formal and informal communication
and the difference between spoken and written communication. I just
laugh at the situation and the silliness of humanity...

~Poster

+ www.intaligo.com/mt +
+ Professional Editing/Web Design +
+ www.intaligo.com/mt +