Re: watch your language! (or don't)

Subject: Re: watch your language! (or don't)
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:57:45 -0700

Well, sort of. I do feel all that pressure, but have been feeling it all my
life, not merely because I became a writer. When you grow up with
people constantly asking you "how long have you been in this country?"
and complimenting you on how good your English is "for a <insert
ethnicity here>," the result is a nagging feeling that you have to
constantly work on ensuring that your English is not merely as good
as the average person's, but better. Enough on that subject, however.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "diotima" <diotima -at- myway -dot- com>

do writers and editors on this list ever feel pressure to speak "correctly" at all times when at work? in other words, do you feel any kind of pressure to always speak in grammatically correct sentences simply because of the fact that you are the writer or editor in the company? do you ever have a nagging awareness that your english is being judged even while you're just having an everyday conversation with coworkers? (to say nothing about your company email messages!)

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com