Re: Seeking Help With Adobe Acrobat/PDF Issue

Subject: Re: Seeking Help With Adobe Acrobat/PDF Issue
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:23:05 -0400

You don't mention what version of Word and Acrobat you're using.

> First, I am following what I think is that standard procedure: I print the
> documents to a file, using a PostScript printer driver.

Use PDF Maker. Don't print to file.

> -- Other PostScript printer drivers, for other printers, cause other
> problems, such as messing up graphics, or translating still other symbols
> (such as TM, (C), etc.) to weird symbols.

Every PS driver is different for a reason. Unless you know you need to
target one specific one for some reason, stick with the Acrobat
defaults, but with Word do use PDF Maker instead of printing to file.

> 1. There must be some PostScript printer driver out there that resolves
> these problems.

PDF Maker. ;-)

> 2. There are some kind of settings in Word, or Windows, or for the printer
> driver, or even Acrobat Distiller, which will resolve these problems.

Well, here's where your details become important. What version of
Word, what version of Acrobat, what job option, what changes to the
job option, yadda yadda yadda...

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com