Re: Anchors in online help? (Frame to WWP)

Subject: Re: Anchors in online help? (Frame to WWP)
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:55:09 -0400

Use markers in FrameMaker and map those to a marker style in WWP that
makes sense. If you can provide more information about the versions of
software you're using (including build numbers), the templates you're
using, and exactly what you want these "anchors" to do and be used
for, I'm sure either I or someone else could be of more help to you.

On 5/13/05, rjstevenson -at- sprynet -dot- com <rjstevenson -at- sprynet -dot- com> wrote:

> Greetings, whirlers. I'm quite certain this has come up before (what hasn't?) but it's a new one for me:
>
> Can you, in FrameMaker, specify an <a name=""> that will be maintained in WebWorks output?
>
> I am creating a user manual for delivery in PDF and HTML forms, using FrameMaker and WWP. The guide contains as an appendix a long list of diagnostic messages that can appear in the UI, and their interpretation.
>
> This material used to live in a single, long, hand-coded HTML page, as contextual help for the application; users can click the message in the UI and see the explanation. The developers don't want to change the app to use generated IDs; they want it to keep using the #name links they already have set up.
>
> I tried using Specify Named Destination; when saved to HTML Frame prepended a number to the anchor, and when put through WebWorks Standard (we're ordering Pro right now) it seemed to disappear entirely. Am I on the wrong track, or do I need to give their dev team some bad news? (I am doing this as a contract on an abbreviated schedule, for whatever that information is worth.)
>
> Thank you!!
>
> Rebecca

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com