Client Newsletter

Subject: Client Newsletter
From: "Lyda Woods" <lwoods -at- plexisweb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 12:11:31 -0700

It's fascinating the different assumptions people have made based upon
what I wrote in my original email. Watching this process unfold has
been a great writing lesson in itself.

I think Kathleen's careful reading got it right...

1. This is not an either/or situation. There is going to be a
newsletter. Users want it. Tech Support wants it. Others want it.

2. There already is a database driven kbase for clients which isn't
receiving much use. The kbase is not my domain. My input is not sought
on the kbase. It has a moderator apparently. Not sure why it is not
being used by clients.

3. A key point for the newsletter (or whatever it is called) is that it
will be an HTML page that can be continually updated, between releases.

Otherwise, I can't continuously update online help between releases. An
entirely server-based help system won't work for us right now.

I appreciate the thoughtful feedback I've received. I hope this helps
clarify things a bit.

Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com