Looking for a directory mapping tool

Subject: Looking for a directory mapping tool
From: "Susan Guttman" <Susan -dot- Guttman -at- contactft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 09:18:24 -0400

Hi all;

I'm sure what I'm looking for exists, but have no idea where to find it.

We have a couple of fairly large TW-specific directories here, containing
tutorials and procedures and document templates and project documentation and
project management templates and a few kitchen sinks. The only person who
*really* knows the contents of the directories and their uses is leaving in a
week (of the remaining writers, two of us have been here less than two months
and the other never really had to learn much beyond what they needed at a
given moment).

I want to map out the contents of the directory so that we can all go over
them with the departing font o' knowledge before her departure, and I was
hoping to find a tool that could map out a directory structure and files and
export that information to Excel or the equivalent (CSV output or somesuch).
I could then use the Excel file to record the location and function of each
file for posterity, i.e. me and the other writers.

A tool this useful must already be out there. Can anybody point me in the
right direction?

Many thanks in advance,

Bill S. Guttman
TW Monkey