Re: Techwriter Justification

Subject: Re: Techwriter Justification
From: arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 10:22:43 -0400

We have about 35 employees, a dozen engineers/support staff, a dozen programmers, and yours truly for a writer/editor/webmaster/whatever. I guesstimate that if/when we reach 80 there should be a total of 3 writers/editors. So if they're making you do the job of 3 or more, I'd discuss bringing in two more TW's. If they cannot afford a "real" one, try getting a couple college or grad school interns. If you do that, make sure your company is flexible enough to work around their classes and tests.

Hope that helps.

:)
Arroxane Ullman
Senior Technical Writer