Re: file recovery

Subject: Re: file recovery
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 19:09:14 -0700

If you have "always create backup copy" checked in your Word options
there should be a backup on your HD somewhere. If not, hard disk space formerly occupied by overwritten files is almost always among
the first to be reused. If you posted your email using the same computer,
or did anything at all besides immediately shut that system down, the chances are the file has already been destroyed by the OS. If you shut
the system down instantly and have left it untouched since the moment you overwrote the file, there is a slim chance that you might be able to recover the file by removing the HD from the system, installing it as a slave drive on a different computer, then running an undelete utility.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michele" <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>