Re: Template for product specifications?

Subject: Re: Template for product specifications?
From: lpeet -at- orbitz -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 14:00:58 -0500

It seems I did not express myself clearly. It seems to me that overview,
audience, screens, and reports would be in any product spec but that
anything more specific would depend on the product. This makes it hard to
create a more detailed template without any product knowledge, as is the
situation in which I find myself. I am just trying to make sure that my
assumption is reasonable and that I can truthfully tell the PM that I have
checked. I regret any confusion my original post caused.

- Leslie

Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
Sent by: bounce-techwr-l-193112 -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
05/20/2005 12:07 PM
Please respond to
Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>

cc
Subject
Re: Template for product specifications?

> I have been asked to come up with a template for product specifications.
> My view is that a product spec is specific to the product except for
such
> sections as: overview, audience, screens (if any), and reports (if any),
> but I thought it wise to ask. I have checked the archives and have not
> found a discussion of this question, which may be a clue that my view is
> reasonable. At least I can tell the PM that I have taken advice on the
> question.

I don't understand why you would NOT have a product-specific overview,
audience, screens, and reports section in you rproduct specification.
That makes no sense to me. Of course you want product-specific
sections and info about these things!

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com